Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve! Let the Journey continue!!

What am I gonna be doin goin into 2010?? Chillin at the parentals house with the fiancee..playing pool...watching the bowl games..and just relaxin...and im lovin it..haha. Reese and I are such old folk. When discussing what we wanted to do to bring in the new year we discussed goin out, goin to friends' houses, and then almost simultaneously we looked at each other and said "let's just chill" hahahaha...we're such losers. But the good thing is we BOTH are so we got each other to hang with so it works!!!

As for a New Years resolution? I dont really have one...its a good idea and all but if u know there's something that needs to change in ur life or that u need to weed out, improve on, build into, etc than why wait for the new year? Start THE DAY you realize it! Another day is never guaranteed and ya gotta make the most of the NOW so i try and make my changes and tweek wat needs to be tweeked with every moment im given. Now dont get me wrong i do plenty of these moments: "Man I know i need to work on my patience...buuuuuuuut im really irritated and this just isnt even rt" and i start playin the excuse game and then say ill work on my patience next time. It happens ok? Dont judge me. lol. And for the record God has worked on me and my patience level quite a bit...but im still a work in progress...still gettin molded to become wat my creator intended me to be...

Things that I HOPE TO DO in 2010 tho is to continue to grow in relationship w God, plan reese and my wedding with my mama, possibly GET MARRIED (but its lookin more like early 2011...we want a classy yet SUPER FUN winter wedding), take the time to really enjoy the wedding plannin process, and possibly get involved in the music ministry at our church, Crossroads. Something else I plan on continuing to do is digging into my faith and searching for where God wants me to be in my faith journey. I was raised catholic, but ive been goin to an "inter-faith" church for the past 3 years and i LOVE IT and have GROWN SO MUCH because of it, but i OFTEN have different members of my immediate/extended family encouraging me to "come back" to catholicism bc of this, that, and the other and they r so genuine in their concern and sometimes it makes me rethink things...like maybe there's something about catholicism ive missed and need to re-look at...i dunno...to me its just a bunch of religion...and i pray about it constantly and i feel at peace with my decision about crossroads and my growth in my faith and relationship with God...until somebody brings up the "come back to catholicism" talk...Now, i have NOTHING against the catholic church...if that works for u and ur growth in ur faith and relationship w God then RIGHT ON...but i just dont havnt experienced that in the catholic faith...and i dont see the need to claim a sect of christianity...i just want to LOVE GOD GEEEEEEEEZ!! Why am I questioned and why are people concerned about me just bc i dont go to a catholic church?? IM LOVING GOD, GROWING IN HIM, LETTING HIM GROW IN ME, AND ACTIVELY PURSUING HIM DAILY...in accompaniment with attending weekly service, volunteering in my church community, and loving every minute of being a part of such a great community...i just dont get how the religious sect can be SO important??

I still want to have a catholic wedding, tho. The catholic church has played such a large part in reese and my life and we have so much respect for the catholic church...it also would be pleasing to our families since the majority of our families (both sides of mine, the dads side of his) are catholic...and we really are still searching and still looking to deepen our faith...however that may be...catholic...or interfaith...etc. We just love God, want to grow in and with him, and we will do that in watever way He leads us to. I hope that we are supported by our loved ones with watever path we are lead to. And i hope i can find a final peace about it all. I hope we all can find a peace about it all.

Anyhoots! I pray everyone has a safe entry into 2010 and u treat everyday as a chance to make those "new years resolutions" a RIGHT NOW possibility. May God surround you all with His love, peace, and blessings...HE IS GOOD!!! So thankful for 2009 and all he showed me, gave me, taught me, helped me accomplish, and challenged me with. Lookin forward to 2010!! Let the journey continue!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment